Tuesday 15 August 2017

Furry Pirates Play test review

So how did it play?

Very smoothly, though that was probably helped by the very enthusiastic players. If I run it again I will design a scenario where the characters can do a bit more swashbuckling.

There were no easy to find rules about making crude grenades, and give role players gunpowder they will want to make crude grenades. I decided that in the ship to ship combats the master gunner would be responsible for all the gunnery on the ships. There wasn't a boarding action, but I have no appetite for running a couple of hundred NPCs, so if that crops up it will be major NPCs versus player characters (like the Sid Meier's Pirates computer game) as long as the sides are relatively even. The player with the magic user character found his way round the magic rules easily (but there are Ars Magica players so you would hope so).

There was some role playing around the Furry aspects, especially the only botch of the game which saw the Lynx based Master Gunner being accidentally dumped in the water by an unsuccessful flight spell.

So I am up for running this again, next Grand Tribunal.

Given that I won Unknown Armies in the raffle I might well run a game of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment