Tuesday 22 April 2014

History and Theories in Psychology, The Musical

Chatting to folks during the conference I realised just how much music I use in my teaching. So here is something I have joked with students about, the music to History & Theories the Musical.

Freud

A quick introduction to the Greek fable which inspired Freud's Oedipus complex.




Following that we have a song that I use to demonstrate how Freud has penetrated popular culture



This next set of music is meant to be evocative of the 1940s through to the 1960s.

Woody Guthrie's Tear the Fascist Down.



A satirical song, that nevertheless illustrates cold war sentiment


Then we move into the sixties



Finally I do some work on positive psychology (well I give it the good kicking it deserves) and I use the last two clips during a lecture on measuring happiness.


So now all I need to do is write the script...

3 comments: